What Does Swiss Cheese and Lawns Have in Common?
Friday, September 02, 2016
There is one thing however they both need to be at their best. Americans should like their lawns as they do their swiss cheese: holey.
The way to a holey lawn requires a professional core aeration service. Core aeration is a type of lawn aeration whereby a machine (a lawn aerator) with hollow tines mechanically removes plugs or "cores" of soil and thatch from a lawn.
Benefits of Core Aeration:
- Loosens compacted soil and increases the availability of water and nutrients.
- Enhances oxygen levels in the soil, stimulating root growth and enhancing the activity of thatch-decomposing organisms.
- While removing cores of soil, the tines also sever roots, rhizomes and stolons. Grass plants are stimulated to produce new shoots and roots that "fill up" the holes in the lawn and increase the density of the turf.
- Reduces water runoff.
- Can reduce watering bill by up to 50%
- Increases the lawn's drought tolerance and improves its overall health.
Kirk's Lawn Care offers core aeration services as well as other beneficial services that can be completed at the time of service. For more details, click here.
With the help of our aeration services, your lawn will make you smile just like the word "Cheese"!
Did you think of any more similarities? Do you have a favorite cheese pun? Post it in the comments below.